I woke up early to prepare this easy and simple brioche, flavored only with vanilla sugar for our Saturday morning. We love brioche, the smell is always unique inside the house. Fiesta Friday #92 is here and thanks to our amazing Angie from The Novice Gardener to host our weekly Fiesta! This week, we are all the co-hosts! 🙂
Serves: 10 slices
- 500g of flour
- 11g of dry instant yeast/20g of fresh yeast
- 50g of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of natural vanilla sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 150g of soft butter
- Egg yolk for the brush
- In the mixing bowl on the stand mixer, add the flour, the vanilla sugar and the sugar.
- On one side add the dry instant yeast, and on the other side add the salt.
- Start to mix the all the ingredients with the hook of your stand mixer on a low speed.
- Add the 4 eggs at the same time and now mix on a medium speed.
- Add the butter (cut into small cubes) and mix on a high speed until the dough becomes smooth and sticky.
- Transfer the dough into a large bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, transfer the dough on a floured clean surface, and push and knock back the air.
- Place the dough into the same bowl, cover with a plastic and refrigerate for two hours.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and transfer the dough on the floured surface again.
- Push and squeeze one more time, and knock back the air again.
- Divide the dough into three equals balls.
- Place the three balls side by side into a grease loaf pan.
- Cover and set aside for 1hour.
- Twenty minutes before baking, preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Brush with the egg yolk the Brioche and sprinkle with brown sugar the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes (more or less depending the oven).
- Remove when the top is golden brown and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
Close your eyes and smell the fresh brioche. Always good with a good hot latte!