By now, you should know that I love eating and baking bread, brioches and other dough-based recipes. This recipe is simple, and delicious for breakfast, served straight out of the oven. I made a warm and fresh batch this morning for Fiesta Friday.
I would like to wish our host Angie from The Novice Gardener, a big thank you for hosting this sweet party and also hope you get well soon! Thanks to our co-hosts for this week; Selma @Selma’s Table and Margy @La Petite Casserole. If you haven’t joined Fiesta Friday, come and have fun with us, it now has it’s own platform, and is on Week #61 already! Wonderful bloggers with wonderful recipes!
The recipe is inspired by the chef Nicolas Bernardé. http://nicolas-bernarde.com
- 350g of wheat flour
- 8g of salt
- 50g of caster sugar
- 11g of dry instant yeast or 20g of fresh yeast
- 4 medium eggs
- 220g of butter
- 1 egg yolk for the brush
- In the mixing bowl on the stand mixer add the flour and the sugar.
- In the middle, add the 4 eggs, on one side add the dry instant yeast, and on the other side add the salt.
- Start to mix the all the ingredients with the hook of your stand mixer on a medium speed (during 5 minutes).
- Add the butter (cut in small cubes) and mix on a high speed until the dough becomes soft and detaches from the bowl (you can add 1 tablespoon of flour if the dough is too sticky).
- Transfer the dough into a floured bowl.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, put the bowl into the refrigerator overnight (this will freeze the butter and develop aroma).
- The following morning, dust with flour a clean surface.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and transfer the dough on the surface.
- Grease small individuals mini brioche mold or muffins tray.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls (the size of a golf ball).
- Place them into the mini brioche mold.
- Brush the surface of all the mini brioches with the egg yolk.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and set aside for 1h30.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees, 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 30 minutes (less or more depending the oven).
- Remove when the Brioches are golden brown and allow to cool a few minutes and serve them warm.
The smell throughout the house is so good! The mini brioches are soft and sweet, perfect for a morning breakfast.
PS: You can shape the brioche in any form (for example, you can see the twisted brioche with pearl sugar in the back!)