I love crêpes, they are easy to prepare and have so many filling possibilities, and who doesn’t love a bit of choice? Sweet, salty, as a dessert or savory. For today, I have decided to share a crêpe recipe with goat cheese and aubergines. Simple to prepare and with just a few ingredients, goat cheese with its unique flavour, and aubergine, a vegetable I love. We used to make very often this recipe at home.
Serves: 8 larges crêpes
Ingredients : (for the crêpes)
- 250g of wheat flour
- 3 eggs (large) or 4 eggs (small)
- 1/2 liter of full fat milk
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, the salt and the eggs.
- Slowly add the milk, and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Add the sunflower oil.
- Whisk until smooth texture.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and set aside for 3o minutes into the fridge.
- Meanwhile, work on the filling.
Ingredients: (for the filling)
- 6 aubergines/eggplants
- 200 of goat cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 small bouquet of coriander
- 12 cherries tomato
- Wash and rinse the aubergines/eggplants.
- In a large pan add a little of extra virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons).
- Cut the aubergines into small cubes and add them into the pan.
- Add the salt, the black pepper and the chopped coriander.
- Cook the aubergines until they turn golden brown.
- Add the cherries tomatoes and continue to cook a few minutes (or when the tomatoes become a little juicy).
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge.
- Add on a medium heat a large crêpe pan or a nonstick skillet.
- Lightly coat with a little of butter the crêpe pan.
- Pour a little amount of the batter into the centre of the pan, and spread evenly.
- When the edge of the crêpes are light brown, use a spatula to carefully flip your crêpe.
- Cook the other side a few seconds.
- Flip the crêpe into a serving dish.
- Add in the middle of the crêpe the filling and add a slice of the goat cheese.
- Fold edges towards the center then fold over the two sides on the top and finally flip the crêpe to have a nice square.
- Proceed the same way for the rest of the batter.
Serve hot. The goat cheese and the aubergines make a delicious combination in this dish!
PS: Before serving you can rewarm the crêpes in the oven.