There’s so many ways to make a tart, whether sweet or savory, they are always delicious. Large or small, as an appetizer or a dessert, they are always a success at home. Today I made a simple savory tart made with aubergines and goat cheese!
For the crust (pâte brisée):
- 300g of wheat flour
- 125g of soft butter
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 25 ml of water or more depending the texture of the flour
- In a large bowl add the flour and the oregano.
- Start to sift and add the soft butter.
- Mix with your fingers and add 1 egg.
- Pour a little water.
- Mix until you assemble the dough.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and keep it inside the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Grease a tart pan (a rectangular shape for me).
- Roll your dough between two big sheet’s of parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the dough the size of your tart pan (removable rectangular tart pan for me).
- Peel off the parchment paper from one side or your plastic wrap, flip the dough over the tart plate and slowly remove the other parchment paper or your plastic wrap and set aside.
- With a fork, poke the bottom of your dough and set aside.
For the filling:
- 4 medium aubergines
- 3 cloves of garlic
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 150g of goat cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sesame seeds roasted
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- In a large pan add extra virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons) and the chopped garlic.
- Cut the aubergines in round slices (thin slices).
- Start to cook and add the sliced aubergines into the pan.
- Add the salt and the black pepper.
- Cook the aubergines until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the aubergines from the pan and put them into a colander.
- Place the aubergines into the Tart.
- Cut the goat cheese in round slices (thick slices) and put them on the top of the aubergines.
- Cook the tart for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with a salad on the side (Belgian endives for me).
We like the crust with the addition of oregano. A very simple tart, you can also make this tart as small tarts for an appetizers!
PS: I always use 300g of flour and with the leftover I make smaller tart!