Beautiful and sunny day outside. The perfect time for gardening and relaxing with a fresh lemonade, reading a book The Gourmet or titillate my palate with a sweet dessert like a Lemon and Orange Ricotta Tart, my contribution to the party today! A beautiful, delicious Tart for a special Birthday Party.
I discovered the recipe behind the box of my Ricotta cheese pot, this is not the first time that I make this recipe but with the time I made some changes from the original recipe.
Serves: 8/10 Slices
Ingredients: (for the crust/pâte sablée)
- 300g of wheat flour
- 125g of soft butter
- 100g of icing sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 25ml of water
- In a bowl add the flour, the salt and the icing sugar, (you can do the same procedure with a food processor).
- With your fingertips, start to mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter and mix until combined, (the pleasure of baking is when you feel the texture of the ingredients between your fingers).
- Add the egg and mix until the dough becomes assembled.
- Slowly add the water and mix until it holds a perfect ball (maybe more or less depending the flour and the size of the egg).
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the dough from the fridge.
- Grease a deep pie pan, (my tart pan is 26 cm long and 4cm deep).
- Roll your dough between two big sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the dough and make a circle shape, the size of your tart pan.
- Peel off the parchment paper from one side or your plastic wrap, flip the dough over the tart plate and slowly remove the other parchment paper or your plastic wrap and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
Ingredients: (for the filling)
- 500g of ricotta cheese
- 100g of icing sugar
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 orange
- In a bowl add the ricotta cheese and the icing sugar.
- Mix the 2 ingredients together.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix.
- Add the zest of 2 lemons and the zest of 1 orange.
- Mix with a spatula.
- Spread into the bottom of the crust the filling and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the crust is golden brown, allow to cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with a tea or a coffee.
This tart is tasty with a cup of tea and flavorsome with lemon and orange zest.