It has been a long time since I have wanted to make this cake, and I remembered Margherita from La Petite Casserole, posted a delicious one!! I have just made a little changes.
- 180g precooked Polenta (for me, I don’t have flour at home)
- 100g of soft butter
- 2 big eggs
- 150g of white granulated sugar
- 100g of powdered almond (for me)
- 11g of baking powder (individual bags for me)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Icing sugar
- 2 candied lemon slices
- Grease and flour a round baking cake pan (20 centimeters for me) and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 170C degrees.
- In a large bowl add the soft butter and the sugar.
- Whisk until it becomes creamy and light.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to mix.
- Add the precooked Polenta, the powdered almond and the baking powder.
- Continue to mix.
- Finally add the zest of 1 lemon and the juice of 1 lemon and mix.
- Transfer into the baking cake and spread the all surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 40/45 minutes depending the oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the cake into a serving dish, dust the top with the icing sugar and decorate with candied lemon slices and long stripes of lemon zest.
This cake is really tasty, the lemon zest and the lemon juice bring a vibrant flavor. I served this cake with a strong coffee to balance the sweetness of the cake.
PS: For the candied lemon slices, I used the same procedure as the Orangettes. Thinly slice a lemon, don’t set aside for 24 hours the candied lemon slices. You can add sugar to crystallize if you want.