Potato Omelette also called Tortilla de Patatas in Spain is a very popular in Algeria (a legacy from Spanish culture), this omelette is thick and made with potatoes, eggs and onions. Everyone in Algeria loves this recipe as it makes for a (fast-to-prepare) tasty dish!
- 6 big potatoes
- 6 eggs
- A small bunch of parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic (for me)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- Peel and cut the potatoes in small cubes.
- Wash the potatoes and put them into a colander.
- On a hot heat, add a large non stick pan and pour a little of olive oil.
- Add the cut potatoes and fry until the potatoes turns golden brown.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, the chopped parsley, the chopped garlic, the salt and the black pepper.
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Pour the mix on the entire surface of the potatoes.
- Cook on a medium heat until the bottom turns golden.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place a plate (larger than the size of the pan) on a top of the pan and flip slowly the omelette.
- Slide the omelette from the plate to the pan and cook the reverse side until the bottom turns brown color.
- Slide the cooked omelette on a serving dish and eat hot with a salad on the side.
The omelette is thick, the parsley and the garlic bring a nice flavors.