I love peaches one of my favorites fruits among many others. I like the color, the texture, this fine furry so pleasant to the touch as well as the smell and the juicy taste. I decided to bake a Tart with: pâte sablée, peaches and vanilla sugar. I hope you will like it!
- 300g of wheat flour
- 125g of soft butter
- 100g of icing sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 25ml of water
- 6 peaches
- Vanilla sugar
- Icing sugar for dust
Procedure: (For the crust/pâte sablée)
- In a food processor, add the flour, the pinch of salt, the icing sugar, 1 egg and the soft butter.
- Start to mix all the ingredients together until you assemble the dough.
- Slowly add the water and continue to mix, until it holds like a ball.
- The dough now is ready.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and keep it into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the dough from the fridge.
- Grease 4 individuals removable bottom tart pans (13 centimeters and 3 centimeters deep).
- Dust with flour a clean surface.
- Remove the dough from the fridge.
- Cut in 4 equals balls the dough.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the first ball of dough the size of your tart pan.
- Add delicately the flattened dough into the tart pan.
- Proceed the same way for the rest of the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Wash and dry the peaches with a kitchen towel.
- Cut in two and remove the pit.
- Cut the peaches into thin slices.
- Add a little of vanilla sugar into the bottom of your tart.
- Place the sliced peaches on the top (as seen in the picture).
- Sprinkle with vanilla sugar on the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or when the crust turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar for decoration.
The Tarte is excellent, sweet with peaches, the vanilla sugar melts with the juice of the peach and gives it a nice texture in mouth. I will certainly do it again before the end of peach season!