Today I brought into my large Paniere a Fig and Walnut Ccake to share with you. Cake’s are like Tart’s and Tarts are like … well I think I spoke enough about them in the last post but let’s just say they are versatile! A sweet cake for this weeks Fiesta Friday #20 which is co-hosted by Fae from Fae’s Twist and Tango and Suzanne from apuginthekitchen.
Serve 12 slices
- 160g of soft butter
- 4 eggs
- 125 of granulated white sugar
- 250g of wheat flour
- 11g of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 150g of walnuts
- 2 fresh figs cut in two
- Ground walnut for decoration
- Honey for glaze (2 generous spoon)
- Grease a cake pan and set aside (12cm/30cm).
- In a mixing bowl add the soft butter and the eggs (one at a time) and whisk until the dough becomes completely blended.
- Add the sugar and continue to whisk (the dough becomes smooth).
- Add the flour, the baking powder and the pinch of salt and mix until the dough becomes homogeneous.
- Add the walnut and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Add the half fig deep into the mixture and let space between them.
- Bake for 40 minutes (more or less depending the oven).
- When the cake is golden or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Warm the honey into a pan on a low heat.
- Brush with the warm honey the top of the cake and sprinkle with walnut.
The cake is perfectly accompanied with a strong cup of tea!