We love any kind of Gratin at home (Gratin is to layer slice of vegetables or fruits into an oven dish). I opted to grate my courgettes to remove the bitterness of this vegetable and to give a soft texture to the dish. The result was a delicious lunch!
- 1kg of big courgettes
- 250g of Ricotta cheese
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh mint basil
- 4 tablespoons of medium wheat semolina
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and rinse the courgettes.
- Chop off the stem end of the courgettes.
- In a large bowl grate the courgettes.
- Squeeze between your hands the excess of the water from the grated courgettes.
- Add the semolina into the grated courgettes and mix with a spatula.
- Add the salt and the black pepper.
- Add the Ricotta cheese, the chopped mint and the chopped basil.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Drizzle with a little of olive oil.
- Preheat the oven at 180C degrees.
- Grease a deep oven dish and pour your mixture.
- Cook for 35 minutes (more or less depending the oven).
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
The Gratin is soft and delicious with the Ricotta cheese. You can also cook the Gratin into small individual ramequins.