I’m a definitely a pasta lover, and can’t think of an absolute favourite, nor one I don’t like! Today I chose the Lumaconi Pasta, the shape looks like a big snail shell that you can fill with (tuna, ricotta cheese…) you have an infinite choice. For this recipe I opted for Goat cheese.
- 400g of Lumaconi Pasta
- 1 brown onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 baby eggplant
- 2 bay leaves
- 450g of ripe tomatoes
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 4 generous tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Goat cheese (200g)
- Basil leaves
- 350ml of water
For the sauce:
- In a large pan add the olive oil.
- Add the onion (sliced) and the garlic, and start to cook on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced baby eggplants, the salt, the black pepper, the bay leaves, the dried oregano, the fresh thyme and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced ripe tomatoes and pour the water.
- Cook for 20 minutes until the sauce reduces and becomes thick.
For the Lumaconi Pasta:
- Using a big pan, boil water and add a pinch of salt.
- Pour the pasta and cook them Al Dente.
- Transfer the pasta into a colander and drain them.
- Fill each Lumaconi with a little of goat cheese and tomato sauce, delicate procedure (be careful don’t break the pasta).
- In the middle of the serving plate add the tomato sauce and the Lumaconi on the top, serve with fresh Basil.
This little Snail Shells are delicious and goat cheese brings a strong flavor to the pasta!