- 800g of wheat flour
- A pinch of salt
- 150g of sugar
- 11g of dry instant yeast
- 1 egg
- 250g of lukewarm milk
- 100g of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 egg yolk for the brush
- Sesame seeds for decoration
- In a stand mixer add the flour, the sugar and the yeast.
- Start to mix (with a dough hook on a low speed).
- Add the egg and the sugar.
- Pour the milk and finally the melted butter.
- Mix in high speed until the dough becomes elastic.
- Dust a clean surface and transfer the dough.
- Form dough balls of 100g each (you should obtain 8 dough balls).
- Flour small briochettes pan (you can use a muffin or cupcake pan).
- Add each ball inside each pan.
- Brush each briochettes with the egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds the top.
- Cover with clean kitchen towel and let arise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 200C degrees.
- Bake for 30/35 minutes until the briochettes turn golden/brown.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
The briochettes are soft and sweet. Excellent with a tea, I opted here for a black cherries jam.
This recipe was given by my friend (Safia) who lives in Algiers. She is a wonderful cooker and it’s my pleasure to share with you this great recipe 🙂