- 1 liter of milk
- 150g of white granulated sugar
- 150g of durum wheat fine semolina
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 100g of pistachio
- Start by rinsing a Pyrex loaf pan with water (do not wipe) and set aside to drain on a kitchen towel.
- Boil the milk in a large pan on a medium heat.
- Pour slowly the sugar, the zest of one lemon and the vanilla sugar into the pan.
- Stir with a wooden spoon constantly.
- Pour slowly the semolina and continue to stir for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- When the semolina becomes a little thick remove from the heat and add the pistachio into the mixture.
- Pour gently the semolina into the loaf pan and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove the loaf pan from the fridge.
- Take a serving dish and put the loaf pan on the top.
- Turn over and set aside, the cake will turn out alone (be patient).
- Remove delicately the loaf pan and drizzle with ground pistachio.
The semolina pudding is soft! The addition of lemon zest and pistachios add a lot of flavor! You could also add caramel or a fruit coulis on top (for presentation and even a sweeter taste).
P.S: Cooking depends of the quality of the ingredients and the materials that we use (stove, oven…). I try to do the best that I can to give you the exact recipe so you get the same taste 😀
P.S: Sorry for the mistake it’s a pudding not a cake 🙂