We love crepes, easy to prepare and so many choices for the stuffing! This will also be my recipe for the 6th Fiesta Friday!
Serves 8 (large crepes)
For the crepes:
- 250g of plain flour/ all purpose flour
- 3 eggs (large) or 4 eggs (small)
- 1/2 liter of milk
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- In a blender combine the flour, the salt, the vanilla sugar and the 3 eggs.
- Pour the milk and start to blend.
- Pour the crepe dough into a large bowl and add the sunflower oil.
- Whisk slowly.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and set aside for 3o minutes into the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge.
- Put a 1/2 teaspoon of soft butter into a piece of muslin (or cheesecloth) and tie.
- Put on a medium heat a large crepe pan or a frying pan and coat the bottom of the pan with the piece of muslin.
- Remove the muslin, this method helps to grease the pan.
- Take a ladle of your preparation and spread over the entire surface of the pan.
- Cook until the underside of the crepe is golden brown (and the edge brown).
- With your fingers, flip quickly the crepe and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Transfer the crepe in a large plate.
- Proceed the same way for the rest of the dough.
For the stuffing:
- 4 apples
- Orange marmalade
- 80g of dark chocolate
- Peel the apples and cut it in small cubes.
- In a small pan on a medium heat, cook the small cubes of the apples.
- Golden the apples for 10 minutes (without oil or butter) and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in “a bain Marie”.
- Take one crepe, add in the middle 1 tablespoon of marmalade, add a few apples on the top and drizzle with dark chocolate.
- Fold up the edges of the crepe and tie delicately with a strand of Raffia (you can use bamboo skewers).
Truly a treat for our family lunch.
I had the chance to live in Paris … where every day, I passed in front of a store called “Specialites Bretonnes”, the smell of fresh daily crepes made attracted me all the time (every Wednesday afternoon I would buy one delicious lemon, sugar crepe with the complicity of my best friend, so yummy…!!)
“The table is the matchmaker of friendship”