- 500g of cherries
- 80g of plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 125g of white granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 60g of melted butter
- 70 ml of milk
- Wash the cherries, remove the stem and keep the pit.
- In a bowl add the eggs then the white granulated sugar, the vanilla sugar and the pinch of salt.
- Whisk until the mixture whitens.
- Pour the melted butter and whisk again.
- Add the flour and whisk until the flour is incorporated.
- Grease and flour a round baking pan (for me a stoneware baking pan the taste is better).
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Add the cherries in the bottom and pour your mixture on the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve the cherry cake with a coulis or just dust with icing sugar on the top.
The cake is extremely light and I kept the pit of the cherries to give to the cake more flavor and accompanied with an espresso for a nice afternoon.