Serves 8 or 10
- 800g of fresh apricots
- 4 eggs
- 150g of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 60g of melted butter
- 250ml of milk
- 80g of flour
- Wash the apricots, then cut the apricots in two (carefully) and remove the pit.
- In a bowl add the eggs, the white granulated sugar, the vanilla sugar and whisk until the mixture became creamy and frothy.
- Pour the melted butter and continue to whisk slowly.
- Pour the milk and whisk gently the mixture and finally pour slowly the flour and mix with a spatula.
- Grease and flour a deep oven pan (for me a stoneware baking pan) and add the apricots in the bottom.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Pour the mixture on the top of the fruits.
- And bake for 45 minutes or 1 hour or until the Clafoutis turns golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Serve warm and dust with a little of icing sugar or you can add a little of whip cream. I like the texture, it’s a simple dessert full of fruits.
When I was young, with my cousins we collected the apricots pits and we put them in a bucket and we played at “tas casses” “apricot-pit game”. It was very funny and it was the best way to eat fruits and collect the pits.