Today I wanted to bake a “Plums Tarte” but unfortunately I realized I didn’t have enough plums and no time to go to the market. Luckily I had 2 cans of sliced peaches in syrup in case of ‘failure’ which came in handy today … Instead I ended with a “Peaches and plums tarte” !!
Serves 8 (generous slices)
For the crust: (pate sablee)
- 300g of plain flour
- 125g of soft butter
- 100g of icing sugar
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt
- 25ml of water
- In a bowl (or food processor), add your flour, salt, egg, the icing sugar and the soft butter.
- Start to mix for a few seconds and slowly add the water.
- Mix until the dough is assembled more few seconds.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
For the filling:
- 2 cans of sliced yellow peaches in syrup
- 1/2kg of fresh plums
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 100g of powdered almond
- Sliced almonds
Go back to the crust:
- Grease a tart pan .
- Roll your dough between two big sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the dough and make a circle shape, the size of your tart pan.
- Peel off the parchment paper from one side or your plastic wrap, flip the dough over the tart plate and slowly remove the other parchment paper or your plastic wrap.
- With a fork, poke the bottom of your dough.
- Wash and rinse the plums.
- Cut in half the plums and remove the bones.
- Drain the peaches.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the dough with the powdered almond.
- Add the fruits on the bottom, try to alternate the fruits.
- Preheat your oven to 180C degrees.
- Pour the honey on the top of the fruits.
- Sprinkle with the vanilla sugar.
- Sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes , remove from the oven when the crust is golden brown, allow to cool for 15 minutes.
The Tarte is excellent, sweet with peaches and sour with the plums, I will certainly do it again!