- 500g of plain/ all- purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 11g of dry instant yeast
- 100g of granulated white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 200g of soft butter
- Sesame seeds
- 1 egg yolk
- In a Kitchen Aid add the flour, the sugar and the yeast, start to knead.
- Add the salt.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and knead again.
- And finally the soft butter and knead until the dough detaches from the bowl.
- Transfer the dough into a big floured bowl, set aside and live to rise for 1h30 minutes. Cover with a clean kitchen towel.
- Remove from the bowl and knead with your hands to remove the gas bubbles.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C degrees.
- Flour a large baking pan.
- Cut the dough into 3 equals parts and make a Tresse.
- Transfer the Brioche Tressee on the top of the baking pan.
- Brush with the egg yolk and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove when the bread it’s golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3o minutes.
This Brioche Tressee is perfect with fruit jams.