Serves 10 slices
- 300g of stone ground wholemeal bread flour
- 40g of dried cranberries
- 40g of walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of granulated white sugar
- 11g of dry instant yeast
- 200ml of warm water
- In a bowl, add the flour, the yeast and the granulated sugar.
- Mix with your hands and add the salt.
- Add the dried cranberries and the walnuts and mix again to combine all the ingredients together.
- Pour the water and knead with your hands until the dough becomes elastic.
- Set aside and leave to rise for 1 hour. Cover with a clean kitchen towel.
- Preheat your oven at 180 C.
- Flour a baking pan.
- Remove the dough from the bowl into a clean flour dusted surface and knead again for a few minutes.
- Make a shape that you want with your dough, I choose a log shape today.
- Transfer the log into the baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3o minutes.
- You can store the bread in a clean kitchen towel as my mother and my grand-mother showed me.
We love this bread in the morning for breakfast or anytime during the day accompanied with feta cheese or dip into extra virgin olive oil.