- 160g of soft butter
- 3 eggs
- 125 of granulated white sugar
- 250g of plain flour
- 8g of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 50g of candied fruits
- 100g of dried raisins
- 1 orange juice
- Grease a cake pan and set aside.
- Pour the dried raisins in a bowl with the juice of one orange and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the soft butter and the eggs, (one at a time) and whisk until the dough becomes completely blended.
- Add the sugar and continue to whisk, the dough becomes smooth.
- Add the flour, the baking powder and the pinch of salt and mix until the dough becomes homogeneous.
- Remove the dried raisins from the bowl and roll into a plate with a few flour, proceed the same way for the candied fruits.
- Add the dried raisins and the candied fruits into the dough and mix gently with a spatula.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- Pour the dough into the cake pan and bake for 60 minutes, when the cake is golden or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
This cake is soft and unctuous.