Another Algerian bread, so soft. Algerians are mad about “bread”! People are even able to do a long queue just for bread…
- 50g of soft butter
- 175ml of warm milk
- 1 tablespoon of granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 11g of dry instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 350g of flour (white, plain…)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of sesame seeds to sprinkle the bread
- In a deep bowl add the flour, the sugar, the salt.
- In a middle make a small well and pour the yeast and add slowly the milk, the soft butter, the eggs and the sesame seeds and start to knead with your hands for about 6 minutes. Knead until the dough becomes very soft.
- Meanwhile grease a round oven tray, place the dough over it and flatten with your hands in a round shape then cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and set aside for 1 hour, until it doubles in size.
- After 1 hour, preheat your oven at 180C.
- Brush with the egg yolk the top of your dough, with a knife trace a square grid and finally sprinkle the top of your dough with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 35 minutes, when you see the crust has turn gold-brown remove from the oven an allow to cool for 15 minutes.
The smell of the bread is always a feast at home.
It was our breakfast for yesterday morning with jam and honey.