Let us be grateful to the people who makes us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust, french novelist. In his book “the Swann’s way”, the famous passage of the Madeleines.
Serves 15 Madeleines
- 150g of plain flour
- 100g of white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a kitchenAid mix together the sugar and the eggs until frothy.
- Add the flour and the baking powder together and continue to mix.
- Add the zest of 1 lemon and finally the melted butter.
- Mix very well.
- Preheat your oven at 180C
- Grease a Madeleines pan and fill each mold with one tablespoon.Bake for 20 minutes, when the top of the Madeleines is light gold remove it and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Madeleines are perfect with a tea (black tea or red tea).