- 350g of roasted and minced hazelnuts
- 300g of melted butter
- 200g of white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 500g of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- In a food processor, mix the melted butter, the sugar and the vanilla sugar. Add the eggs (together) and the roasted and minced hazelnuts. Mix again and slowly add the wheat flour. Mix very well.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and cover the dough with a plastic wrap.
- Put the dough for 3 hours into the fridge.
- Remove the dough from the fridge.
- Floured a clean surface and roll your dough into a long log.
- Cut into long sticks of 10 centimeters length and 3 centimeters wide then join the two ends to form a ring.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Flour a cookie pan and add your hazelnuts rings on the top.
- Cook for 35 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the hazelnuts rings for 15 minutes more.
The hazelnuts give a crunchy texture and the smell is so good.
You can keep your rings in metal box (more traditional).
With the same dough you can also make cookies (see the picture) or any shape you want.