I cooked this bread, it makes me think between a Naan bread and Algerian bread.
- 450g of plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 11g of dry instant yeast
- 150ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 plain yogurt (175g)
- 1 tablespoon of Nigella seeds (black seeds, sanoudj in arabic)
- In a deep bowl add the flour, the salt, the sugar, the yeast, the egg, the sunflower oil and finally the plain yogurt.
- Start to knead (preferably in a KitchenAid ).
- Add the milk and the Nigella seeds and continue to knead.
- The dough becomes sticky.
- Sprinkle with flour a clean bowl and transfer your dough into the bowl.
- Cover with a plastic for two hours.
- Remove your dough from the bowl, knead with your hands for 2 minutes.
- Floured a baking tray and transfer your dough on the top. Flatten with your hands all the surface of your tray (round shape, square shape), depending on your baking tray. Mine is round.
- Preheat your oven to 180C and bake for 30 minutes, you can see your dough puff up.
- Remove from the oven.
I made a simple easy salad to come with this bread.
For the Salad
- 4 tomatoes
- Wrinkled black Moroccan olives
- Coriander leaves
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Thyme (Arabic Zaatar) blend with sesame seeds and salt
- Olive oil
- In a serving plate, cut the tomatoes and the Mozzarella into thick slices.
- Add the wrinkled black Moroccan olives, the zaatar and the coriander leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and voila.
This simply salad and the warm bread make a perfect combination.