- 800g of fresh leeks
- 20g of white flour
- 1 tablespoon of soft butter
- 250ml of cooking cream
- 120g of grated Emmental cheese
- Black pepper
- 300g of white flour
- 125g of soft butter
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 25ml of water
For the Crust:
- In a bowl (or food processor), add your flour, salt, egg and the soft butter.
- Start to mix for a few seconds and slowly add the water. Mix until the dough is assembled more few seconds.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
For the Stuffing:
- Wash, clean (remove all the dirty) and rinse the leeks in a bowl with a few drops of white vinegar.
- Cut off the root end then slice the leeks full rounds and put them in a cooking pot with the butter on a medium heat.
- Add the salt and the black pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes add the flour and stir with a wood spoon for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Go back to the crust.
- Grease a tart pan (my tart pan is 30 cm and 4cm deep)
- Roll your dough between two big sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap. With a rolling pin, flatten the dough and make a circle shape, the size of your tart pan.
- Peel off the parchment paper from one side or your plastic wrap, flip the dough over the tart plate and slowly remove the other parchment paper or your plastic wrap. With a fork, poke the bottom of your tart.
- Add the leeks into the crust, pour the cream cooking on the top and sprinkle with the Emmental cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Bake for 45 minutes, remove when the crust is golden brown.
Serve hot, prefect for a lunch.