French Pears Cake and English breakfast tea for this morning.
This cake serves 8
For the Cake:
- 4 or 5 pears (peeled and cut in half)
- 150g of white flour
- A pinch of salt
- 100g of granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100ml of milk
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil (sunflower)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
For the Finishing:
- 80g of melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of granulated white sugar
- In a bowl (or food processor) mix the sugar, eggs and the salt.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix.
- Add the oil and the milk and mix. The dough should become fluffy.
- Preheat your oven at 180 C and grease a round shape cake pan (medium size) and pour half of your mix and place the pears on the top, and add the rest of the mix top of the pears.
- Bake at 180 C during 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat one egg with the sugar and add the melted butter and continue to beat.
- Remove the cake from the oven after 30 minutes, pour with the finishing on the top of the cake and bake for another 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
The cake is smooth and the pears so soft.